Who doesn’t love a little adventure?
Many people prefer the magic of Disney. Although, only two US locations make it hard for some vacationers.
But Six Flags is just a hop, skip, and jump away for thrill seekers everywhere.
But what about your vape?
Everyone knows security and park restrictions are severely buttoned up these days.
How are you going to get by without your usual flavored puff?
No worries! I’ve got you covered.
Will a Vape Set Off a Metal Detector at Six Flags?
In a rush? I won’t waste your time.
Getting a vape through a metal detector at Six Flags without setting it off will hinge on the portion of metal in your vape and the sensitivity control of the metal detector.
The good news is the threshold level of Six Flags’ metal detectors is probably lower than an airport.
In most situations, your vape shouldn’t set off the metal detector at Six Flags, but there’s no way of knowing for sure.
If you have a minute to spare, you should keep reading.
I know you wanted a definitive solution. But if you stay with me, I can explain why it’s hard to answer and give you the information needed to improve your chances.
If not, enjoy your trip!
Does Six Flags Have Metal Detectors?
Hey, you decided to stick it out!
Well, let’s keep going, then.
Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve been to Six Flags.
It should come as no surprise that after 9/11, many theme parks, including Six Flags, implemented walk-through metal detectors for the safety of parkgoers.
And if you’ve recently visited a Six Flags park, you’re familiar with the standard admission process.
Park guests must pass through a walk-through metal detector at the front gate turnstiles before entering the amusement area.
I won’t bore you with all the details about the electromagnetic process.
But metal detectors work by detecting metal objects.
Particularly, they sense the disruption in their own electromagnetic field created by the detected metals’ conductive effects.
And your vape, even relatively small, is made with metals that are likely good conductors of electricity.
Can You Bring a Vape Pen in Six Flags?
But you can relax.
You’re allowed to bring a vape pen in Six Flags.
As long as it doesn’t contain any marijuana substances, you can use your vape in the designated smoking areas only.
The park map lists these locations, which you can view on your phone through the Six Flags app.
The following icon identifies the designated smoking area on the map.
You will get kicked out if you try to smoke anywhere else in the park.
Six Flags has a strong stance on maintaining a smoke-free environment.
How to Sneak a Vape Into Six Flags
As you read above, you can bring a vape into Six Flags – if you’re of legal smoking age.
If you want to know how to sneak a vape into Six Flags, I’m guessing you’re underage.
First things first, I don’t support underage smoking or breaking laws and restrictions of any kind.
But even with that disclaimer, I do believe in open information.
So, I’ll relay some known methods you could learn anywhere.
- If your vape has a plastic or zirconia ceramic cart, chances are it won’t be detected.
- If your vape has a metal cart, extract it and put it in your pocket, hoping it isn’t detected or is confused for some other metal on you.
- Besides the cart, you take out the battery and stow it separately from the vape.
- A popular technique is to hide your vape inside the bottom of your shoe. The magnetic field from the detector is doubtful to scan that close to the ground. Although, try another way if you anticipate a pat-down.
- Assess the kind of metal your vape case is. If stainless steel, you could get lucky. Stainless steel is not the easiest metal for a detector to find.
All-in-all, the options laid out emphasize the significance of lessening the presence of metals when you walk through a metal detector.
A vape alone in your pocket will have a better chance of going unnoticed if your other metal property (belt buckle, cell phone, keys) isn’t on you.
Can You Bring a Backpack to Six Flags?
You might think it’s better to stash your vape in a backpack instead of carrying it through a metal detector.
Well, you could, but that only works sometimes.
Let me explain.
You can bring a backpack to Six Flags, but for safety concerns, it’s recommended to store them in a guest locker instead of taking them on specific rides.
In addition, Six Flags security has the right to inspect the contents of your backpack before entering the park.
So if you’re thinking of sneaking your vape into Six Flags utilizing your backpack, there’s a chance you’re getting caught.
Six Flags Banned List
Before you head out to Six Flags, you may be interested in knowing what other items are prohibited from entering the park.
It’s a hefty list, but nothing out of the ordinary.
The current Six Flags banned list of items includes:
- Outside beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Outside food and coolers, except for baby food and food allergy options
- Spraypaint and markers
- Clothing and jewelry with metal spikes
- Mace, pepper spray, and other self-defense devices
- Glass bottles, except baby food jars
- Lawn and folding chairs
- Selfie sticks, monopods, and other extension poles for image devices
- Firearms, ammunition, knives, and any other weapons
- Marijuana, marijuana-enriched products, and other illegal substances
- Fireworks and explosive/flammable objects
- Recreational devices, including drones, skateboards, scooters, etc.
- Cameras mounted to moving objects (drones, scooters, etc.)
- Animals that are not categorized as service animals
Lastly, while cameras are allowed in the Six Flags, taking them on any ride is against park policy.
Enjoy the Ride
You’ve got your answer, and you’re ready for some fun.
You can take your vape to Six Flags if you’re of legal age.
And if you’re underage, a vape probably won’t set off a metal detector, but that depends on the quantity of metal going through and the threshold of the detector’s settings.
Either way, try and have some fun, only vape where it’s allowed, and remember…
The Thrill is Calling!